General Information About Custom Printer Profiles
The following is a list of benefits of having me create custom printer profiles for you:
- Using X-Rite’s i1Photo Pro 2 spectrophotometer and i1Profiler software, matte paper profiles are created from 1728 colour patch targets and semi/gloss papers from 2048 colour patch targets.
- Profiles can be created for consumer/professional inkjet, dye sub and laser printers on most media (inkjet papers, canvas, metallic paper, office paper, etc) with and without optical brightening agents (OBAs).
- Profiles are optimized for your specific printer, ink, and paper combination(s). This is important as third party inks, media and manufacturing variances in printers can introduce printing problems. Profiles shipped with printers are decent but typically reduce printing accuracy. Begin using custom profiles and stop wasting paper, ink and time.
- Profiles will maximize print predictability, colour accuracy, shadow/highlight details, smoother tonal transitions and neutrality.
Ordering Your Custom Printer Profiles
Pricing is as follows:
- 1 Profile: $100
- 3 Profiles: $200
- 5 Profiles: $300
The process of ordering and receiving your custom printer profiles includes:
- Choose the desired profile creation package and make the appropriate payment. Payment can be made via PayPal, credit card or cheque.
- You will be emailed a print target package with instructions on how to properly print the colour targets.
- Mail the printed targets to me.
- Within a few days I will email you your custom printer profile(s) with instructions on how to properly incorporate them into your colour workflow.
You will receive e-mail technical support from me and the custom colour profiles I create for you will be archived on my system should you lose them. To achieve the intended accuracy and quality from any printer profile you must be using a calibrated and profiled monitor and your software must support colour management and be ICC aware (Photoshop, Lightroom, QImage, etc). These profiles will work on Windows and Mac operating systems.